Monday, August 9, 2010

A dog’s life




I love my time at the cottage- everything I enjoy is there- my family, my BFF Lauren, water, birds, and the floating Kong. My days are spent lazing in the sun, frolicking in the water, and burying my Kong in the sand and digging it up again. My evenings are spent laying by the fire, and then sleeping soundly to be rested enough to repeat it all the next day.


This weekend was so full of activity and heat that I slept right through fireworks that people were setting off across the lake. This was a big breakthrough because I am typically terrified of loud noises, including thunder and firecrackers. I know some of you are very surprised at this because I am a big dog, but we all have something that gets under our skin or that makes us nervous. Sometimes distraction (in my case a good long snooze) can be a good strategy in dealing with fear. I know that when Charmaine and Chris distract me with a game of fetch or hide and seek when it is thundering, it takes my mind off the fear and thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment