Our dog, Toby was showcased as the Dog of the Day on Sunday, May 27. What a beautiful way to celebrate his life, and his legacy. Take a look at the beautiful posting that Pet of the Day wrote up about Toby: http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/May/27.html
|Toby on one of his favorite days.... Wednesdays|
The day he volunteered as an animal assisted therapy dog.
- Wake up, big stretch, smile
- Happy dance and half somersault (they still aren't getting up and out of bed yet....)
- A louder happy dance and dropping a wet tennis ball or goobered stuffed teddy on their face (....now they are awake)
- Two feet on the bed and big wet kisses
- Bark at the sunshine, the air, leaves blowing down the street
- Wolf down breakfast... don't waste a second...it's time to play
- Find the Kong, Frisbee and tennis ball (so they have a selection to throw to me)
- Share some more love and wet kisses
- Bark at the birds, the air, the sunshine. What a great day!
- Quick nap in the sun.
- Nudge the books on the coffee table and lock myself in the bathroom.
- Flip the toilet seat up and down until help arrives.
- Share more love and wet kisses.
- Quick nap
- And the day and evening pretty much goes that way. A happy, loving, playful dog who seemed to bring 100% of himself to the world every day.
Wishing you a playful, loving and purposeful week!