Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What brings you comfort?



Charmaine is always talking about bouncing forward and being resilient. In one of her presentations, she asked the audience this question: “What brings you comfort?”
My mind was racing--- playing fetch, making people smile, treats, and cuddling up to a friend or stuffed animal.

I am terrified of loud noises- trains, sirens, saws, garbage trucks, firecrackers, and thunder (to name a few). We all have things that we fear, or stretch us out of our comfort zone. When you know what brings you healthy comfort you can reach for it in times that cause fear and discomfort.

One day I hope to have stuffed Toby’s so that I can deliver them to children in hospitals and group homes everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. A stuffed Toby is a great idea! I have had many dogs in my life, but strangely none of my dogs have ever had a special comfort toy like Toby did. My dog, Sephi, feels comfortable hiding in the bathroom during thunderstorms. But thankfully she doesn't break the toilet when she is in there. :0)

    ReplyDelete