Thursday, October 20, 2011

Adoption is PAWsome!



A few days ago I heard someone say that it is Pet Adoption Month in America. I know we live in Canada but it still makes me suPAW sad to think of all my FURiends stuck in cages with no one to love them. Fortunately, I was adopted from an organization that uses foster homes, NASAP. There are just so many displaced FURiends that not every adoption agency can use foster homes.

I remember what it was like when I first got to my foster home. I was really confused and didn't feel like myself at all. I don't even think I barked for a long time. I missed my people. The foster family was really nice to me but they weren't the family that I knew. I couldn't wait to go home again and have this whole situation explained. Of course, I had no idea that home was with Christopher and Charmaine, at that time I just wanted what was familiar again. But, when Chris and Charmaine came to see me I was so surPAWsed at how much I liked to be with them. It still took me a few months to dig up my true self but, I felt much better being at home with them right from the start.

I wonder what it is like for the FURiends that don't get to go to foster homes? If I was as scared and confused as I was, they must be absolutely PAWtrified! I feel suPAW sad for them.

If you or your family has been thinking about getting a FURiend for your home, please consider adopting. Help give good forever homes to to them. After all, many of us need more than love after our exPAWriences.

No comments:

Post a Comment