Friday, October 28, 2011

The Power of Play


As a dog, I have a very interesting view sometimes. Often, when we get somewhere, Chris will ask me to lie down beside him. At that time all I can see are people's feet rushing by. It makes me wonder, do those people ever take time to play?

As you know, I love my Kong! I think it is the most PAWsome thing, even better than puppies. Just the thought of it gets my tail wagging. I can't wait to start tossing it around and chewing on it trying to get that yummy treat out to enjoy. Nothing brings more satisfaction than the moment when I can crunch down that tasty morsel. But, getting to that point is so much fun! I get so focused on getting my prize out of that little piece of rubber. My brain must be completely alert to be that focused but I don't even notice I'm doing something good for my body. I just want to have fun and get my goody! When Wednesday comes and it's time to go to work, my focus is steady and unwavering. The people I meet at the hospital are PAWmazing and I have no trouble keeping focused on them. Being with them gives me the warm furries, kind of like my Kong does.

Do you take time to play? It seems funny to me that so few of my two legged FURiends do, especially when there are so many benefits to playing. You can't work all the time. Take some time to have some fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment