The 5 Advantages of Being A Published Author
By Maribel Jimenez & Keith Leon
1. Credibility – By becoming a published author in an area that you are familiar with, you have now positioned yourself as an expert in your field. You’ve taken the time to provide valuable information on a topic that others’ could benefit from so you will be looked at as a resource.
Having credibility means you have gained belief by others in your subject area that can sometimes take years to build.
2. Respect – You are the one who actually DID write a book, instead of the one who said they were going to write a book and never did. You have now identified yourself as a doer instead of being a talker or a dreamer.
A level of respect is gained by doing something that others may have only dreamed of doing. As mentioned earlier in this book, only .01% of those who say they want to write a book, actually do it.
3. Clients – You will attract many more clients than ever before. Being an expert in your field opens up many more possibilities to get your name out there (such as being a guest on radio shows, TV, Webinars and teleseminars).
The quality of clients will be better because you have now positioned yourself as the expert, which also allows you to charge more for your services. Because you have positioned yourself as an expert, your clients will no longer be trying to get you to discount your valuable services.
With a book, your message gets into so many others hands than you could possibly try to talk to one at a time. Potential clients have an opportunity to get to know you, what you are about and whether they want to learn more from you all before they have ever even met you.
4. Raving Fans – There is nothing more satisfying than when you have someone in front of you sharing how your book touched their life, or you receive an email or letter from a raving fan of yours. Your book is going to help someone get to where they always wanted to be and they are going to be grateful to you.
5. Testimonials – Once you receive these stories from people whose life you helped change for the better, now you have testimonials for your website, articles, proposals, bio and for your next book. Anytime a person shares how you have helped them, you can ask them to put it in writing so that you can share their inspiring story with others. It’s a win/win/win for everyone.
To learn more about Maribel Jimenez & Keith Leon, Best-Selling Author’s programs, coaching, and tools to get your book out of your head and onto the page visit www.BakeYourBook.com .