Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dog Books That Warm the Heart

What are your favorite dog books?  I have MANY.... one of them is Conversations with My Dog by Zig Ziglar.  For many years, I have been inspired by the writing of Zig Ziglar, a motivational speaker and author. His practical and tactical tips to life have helped many.  A couple of years ago I had the chance to meet Zig Ziglar and his daughter Julie, they were presenting at a large convention.


I have had many conversations with our dog Toby, some aloud and others in my head.  What I love about our pets is that they listen to our conversation attentively (well sometimes), appear interested in what we have to say, and somehow without saying a word help us find the answers to the questions that challenge us the most. 

What about you?  What kind of conversations have you had with your pet?  How does he/she respond when you are chattering away to them? What's your best lesson you learned while in conversation with your pet?

Zig's book talks about the many conversations he had with his dog about life, the lessons life brings and getting through challenges. 
Meeting Zig Ziglar was a highlight of 2010!

Happy conversations... Wishing you a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment