|Photo Credit: TheOriginalTeamToby.com|
On our PAWS Across Canada Tour, we found lots of things that make a community a little more pet friendly, like:
Pet Friendly Hotels
|Mere Hotel Winnipeg|
And great places to walk your dogs close to the pet friendly hotel:
|Photo Credit: Team Toby www.TheOriginalTeamToby.com|
And garbage cans and bags so you can pick up after your pets:
Although we always travel with our Original Poop Bags
When you are looking to travel with your pets, here are a few things to check out in your planning:
- Pet Friendly Hotels (with easy access to outside, garbage cans and well lit areas to walk your dog)
- Pet friendly rest stops... your dogs need to get out and stretch just like you.
- Communities that have activities you can do with your pet such as walking trails, parks, dog parks, pet events.
- Learn where the closest vet and animal clinic are when you visit a community.
- Make sure that your dog tags and chips have current and up to date information.
- Have a current photo (headshot) of your pet on your cell phone.
Mom did a survey with pet families about what they want in relation to pet friendly travel. There was PAWSome feedback. She'll be doing a webinar soon to reveal the results.
To those communities working hard to be pet friendly.... we applaud you!
It makes a big difference for us and our humans!
You can order my books here: